But things don’t always go to plan…
Successful businesses are built on the skills knowledge and hard work of a group of people, some more effective than others. So what would happen if you lost that key individual to a serious accident or illness, or worse still they were to suddenly die?
Could your business survive and more importantly how long would it take to get back to some form of normality? It might be a few weeks, but it could easily be many months or more.
So, at a time when reputation and revenue could be moving backwards, this is where Keyman protection can help with cash flow, enabling the business to recover or adjust and get you back on track.
If you want to know more about how Keyman cover can protect your business, speak to our highly qualified advisers to get the right advice for you.
Exit plans scuppered…?
In business, building value over a number of years, not only for you, but also for your family and your business partners is often a key objective.
You may want to sell your stake in the business when you retire, but how do you protect your value?
Long term plans are not always certain and can easily be derailed if you or your business partner/co-director were to die or suffer serious illness unexpectedly. If this were to happen you will need to consider the following:
- What happens to the ownership of the business?
- Apart from the loss of a key individual, what would happen to their share in the business?
- If you’re not around then who would be best placed to steer the future direction of the business?
- What would be the impact on cashflow to the business in both the short and long term?
- What are the financial consequences on the deceased’s family?
- If you need cash to buy their share in the business, how will you find this?
Every business is different, but there are risks to everyone involved. However, these risks can be reduced, and with forward planning, you can take steps to ensure the business has the best chance to succeed and your family have security in place to look forward to the future with confidence.