Knowing when to retire and on how much is never an easy equation
Here are a few simple points to consider when thinking about retirement:
- What life do you want to live? Have you got your bucket list written?
- Can you make sure your business will trade for years to come?
- Can you build value and benefit for yourself as well as independence for the business?
- What are the tax consequences of this?
- Will you have a clear exit route in the future? Should you ‘invest’ in your employees to establish succession or will a sale be inevitable?
- Do you know your businesses value?
- What will it be worth in the future?
- Can you rely on your business to continue after you’ve retired?
It pays to have a back-up plan
A back up plan (or Plan B) means you have greater control of when you retire and having the income you want to live your life. .
We have helped many clients with businesses develop sustainable retirement plans, that put them in control, and plan properly for their own retirement.
From my first meeting with Trudi Giles, I felt completely at ease. Trudi spoke clearly and in a way which I understood. We discussed all aspects of what I wanted from my pension and my attitude to risk, in that respect (which is very low) Trudi covered everything I requested and I would be more than happy to recommend her to friends/family needing advice.
Her service was first class. In fact I have already recommended a friend who has also had a positive meeting with Trudi!,